Welcome back to RIT!
Well, RIT’s officially alive and classes are back on track and going full swing. Â I decided that there’s plenty of time in a day for me to do various kinds of work: working on my capstone, finishing my last online class, TA’ing Fundamentals of DBMS Architecture (and seeing the coursework I’ve created get used!), working on the databases for various other classes, and sitting in on a class or two!
Phew, it all seems like so much, yet I’m still finding that I’ve got an awful lot of free time (y’know…since I don’t have 16 hours worth of real classes..). Â Suffice to say, I’m excited for all the things I’ll get to work on this year, and especially getting to spend a lot more time with my partner now that we’ve moved in together at the new apartments across from campus!
So, to break down everything I’m working on this school term (and year):
- Need to (start and) finish my capstone proposal for a potential course in Business Intelligence that could be offered in the IST department at RIT
- Want an ‘A’ in Data Architecture and Management — I should probably get started on the paper we have due next week 😛
- I need to create some more in-class exercises for the Database course I’m TA’ing so our students can get a better grasp of the material. Â This is also because the course format changed to a “studio style” class (students meet 3x a week for 2 hours) from it’s old lecture format (1.5 hour lecture 2x a week and a 2 hour lab 1x a week). Â I also need to get the new coursework to our database tutors for this year. 🙂
- I need to rebuild the virtual machine for our Information Assurance course at some point and also tweak the database for our Database Performance and Tuning class.
- Try and keep up with the homework assignments forÂ Native Mobile Application Development (since I’m “sitting in” and not auditing/registered for the class)
Beyond that, I’ll try to snap some pictures of the changes happening around campus to share!