#DBHangOps 10/02/13 — MySQL Utilities, Resource Management, and more!
Thanks to everyone who came. Definitely check out the recording below!
Coming up this Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 at 12:00pm pacific (19:00 GMT) is another exciting #DBHangOps. Join the google hangout to discuss:
- MySQL Utilities from Chuck Bell!
- How do you constrain over-consumption of resources by competing applications?
- Network vs. Local storage for MySQL
- How do you use this for HA? Do you use DRBD or floating VIPs?
- Secure connections to MySQL (using SSL) (requested by Daniel)
- Do you have experience with this? What’s the performance impact?
- PCI Certification with MySQL — what changed for you?
- (From Gerry) Sub SELECTs — Why aren’t these as mature as other databases?
- (From Daniel) GROUP_CONCAT and other OLAP Style query functions — Why doesn’t MySQL have them?
- (From Gerry) MySQL DBAs are used to building covering indexes to avoid PK lookups — Is there a plan for this to change?
As always, check out the the #DBHangops twitter search, the DBHangops Twitter Feed, or this blog post to get a link for the google hangout on Wednesday!
Looking forward to to the discussion with all of ya!
Leave a Reply