Sitting through the first day for POSSE at RIT. One of our ‘homework assignments’ is to write a blog entry reflecting on today’s activities. This post will be a placeholder until I fill in the rest of it 🙂
As per the deliverables for POSSE day 1 (http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_RIT#Deliverables)
Accounts I’ve got registered:
- irc.freenode.net — ganderson
- Blog feed: http://www.geoffreyanderson.net/blog/category/teaching-open-source/
- http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/User:Ganderson (this is also deliverable 2! 😮 )
- https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ — email@example.com
- http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ — ganderson
And looking back on today….the history and lecture bit at the start was pretty interesting. It definitely got better when Mel had us collaboratively writing stuff down on piratepad because I feel like more of us were actively involved. While the IRC bit was a review for me and the Wiki stuff was pretty simple, I’m looking forward to writing some python for Sugar during this week (and maybe getting a little more involved with that community!).
Beyond that, I got all the accounts I needed, registered (as seen above) and I had some nice idle chat during lunch with some of the other participants at this thing. Tomorrow sounds to be more confusing and leading to a state of being ‘productively lost’.