RIT POSSE Day 1
Sitting through the first day for POSSE at RIT. Â One of our ‘homework assignments’ is to write a blog entry reflecting on today’s activities. Â This post will be a placeholder until I fill in the rest of it 🙂
As per the deliverables for POSSE day 1 (http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_RIT#Deliverables)
Accounts I’ve got registered:
- irc.freenode.net — ganderson
- Blog feed: https://www.geoffreyanderson.net/blog/category/teaching-open-source/
- http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/User:Ganderson (this is also deliverable 2! 😮 )
- https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ — firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ — ganderson
And looking back on today….the history and lecture bit at the start was pretty interesting. Â It definitely got better when Mel had us collaboratively writing stuff down on piratepad because I feel like more of us were actively involved. Â While the IRC bit was a review for me and the Wiki stuff was pretty simple, I’m looking forward to writing some python for Sugar during this week (and maybe getting a little more involved with that community!).
Beyond that, I got all the accounts I needed, registered (as seen above) and I had some nice idle chat during lunch with some of the other participants at this thing. Â Tomorrow sounds to be more confusing and leading to a state of being ‘productively lost’.